Domestic Information – Season 2 – 2017
Welcome to Mornington Basketball domestic competition.
Please note that as of Term 4 in 2017 we will be moving back to Summer and Winter Seasons. In 2017 we will run Season 1 from February to June, Season 2 will run for Term 3 only and we will then revert to Summer and Winter from Term 4 in 2017. The Committee of Management are committed to this structure well into the future and believe this meets our member’s needs. The seasons will run as follows in 2017: –
Season 2 – 2017
Week beginning 17th July 2017 – week beginning 4th September 2017
(2 week finals series)
9th October 2017 to 29th March 2018
(Grand Final dates TBA)
16th April 2018 to 29 June 2018
(Grand Final dates TBA)
The below competitions and age groups will apply for Season 1 and Season 2 – 2017. Summer and Winter age group cut off will be published in June 2017. Please check the age groups below to ensure that you register into the correct competition.
Season 1 and Season 2 – 2017 Age Cut off
- Grade 1 – primary school Prep or Grade 1 players only
- Grade 2 – primary school Grade 2 players or below only
- Under 10 – cannot turn 10 at any stage in 2017 – (must be born in 2008 or 2009)
- Under 12 – cannot turn 12 at any stage in 2017 – (must be born in 2006 or 2007)
- Under 14 – cannot turn 14 at any stage in 2017 – (must be born in 2004 or 2005)
- Under 16 – cannot turn 16 at any stage in 2017 – (must be born in 2002 or 2003 )
- Under 18 – cannot turn 18 at any stage in 2017 – (must be born in 2000 or 2001)
- Under 20 – cannot turn 20 at any stage in 2017 – (must be born in 1998 or 1999)
- Under 23 – cannot turn 23 at any stage in 2017
- Over 30 Men – must be over the age of 30 years upon registration
- Men’s A & B – open age
- Open Women’s – open ae
GRADE 1 AND 2 PRIMARY SCHOOL COMPETITION
We are pleased to announce that in 2017 the Grade 1 and 2 Primary School competitions will run full 40 minute games with 2 referees. We believe that this allows young players to learn the rules of the game and allows more court time. As a result of this change, the Grade 1 and 2 program will be full fee paying in line with all other junior competitions and will not be pre-paid as they were in 2016. This program will not have finals or a ladder.
REPRESENTATIVE PLAYER RULE
MDBA has unlimited MUVJBL (Breakers) representative players across all divisions. Teams can have unlimited registered MUVJBL players but will be graded by the MDBA over a 3 week grading phase.
Season 2 of 2017 will not have a 3 week grading period. Teams will initially be graded based on their previous season’s results. The MDBA reserves the right to re-grade teams at any stage during the season to ensure a fair and equitable competition. Any queries or concerns regarding grading should be directed to the Operations Manager at the commencement of the Season. firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 GAME SCHEDULE
Please find below an outline of the competition schedule for Season 2 – 2017. Fixtures will be released during the week beginning 10th July 2017 and times provided below are a guide only and are SUBJECT TO CHANGE once team entries are submitted and fixtured. Competition will commence on Monday 17th July 2017.
Under no circumstances in 2017 will fixture changes be made. Competitions will only go ahead should a minimum of 5 teams enter otherwise the MDBA has the authority to combine or cancel competitions.
- 9am – 11am Women
- 4.30pm – 6.00pm Under 12 Girls
- 5.30pm – 7.00pm Under 14 Girls
- 7.30pm – 9.00pm Under 16 Girls
- 5.00pm – 8.00pm Under 18 Girls
- 5.00pm – 8.30pm Under 18 Boys
- 7.00pm – 9.30pm Under 23 Men
- 7.00pm – 9.30pm Open Women
- 5.00pm – 7.30pm Under 16 Boys
- 7.30pm – 9.30pm Men’s A and Men’s B Grade
- 5.00pm – 8.00pm Under 14 Boys
- 7.30pm – 9.30pm Over 30 Men
- 8.00am – 10.00am – Grade 1 and 2 Girls
- 8.30am – 11.00am – Under 12 Boys
- 11.00am – 1.00pm – Under 10 Boys
- 12.00pm – 2.00pm – Under 10 Girls
- 1.00pm – 4.00pm – Grade 1 and 2 Boys
TEAM REGISTRATION & GAME FEES
For Season 2 – 2017 the MDBA will no longer require a “Team Registration” fee for Junior or Senior teams if you register your team before the 16th June 2017.
Team Registrations after the 16th June 2017 will incur a $50.00 administration plus a 3.9% processing fee.
Priority will be given to existing teams. New teams will be offered a position after all existing teams have been confirmed.
Junior and Senior Team Registration Fee
Team Registration $0.00 – Due by 16th June 2017
Team Registration $50.00 + 3.9% processing fee – if paid after 16th June 2017
Please ensure that you print out or write down your Team Code and Passwords!
PLAYER REGISTRATION FEES
All senior and junior player registrations for Season 2 of 2017 will be:
Player Registration $23.50 + 3.9% processing fee– Due by 14th July 2017
Player Registration late $28.50 + 3.9% processing fee if received after 14th July 2017
Player Game Fee $10.00 per person per game (Juniors Grade 1, 2 up to Under 23)
Senior Team Sheet $60.00 per team
If you do not receive an email from your Team Manager you can register using the link below but you must first obtain your Team Code from your Team Manager.
Junior and Senior Team Game Fees
Junior Game Fee $10.00 – per player minimum of $50.00
(Grade 1, 2, Under 10 – Under 23)
Senior Team Sheet $60.00 – per team
(Senior Women, Monday & Tuesday and Senior Men, Wednesday and Thursday)
A fine of $200 will apply to any team that withdraws from the competition any time after the 4th round of the season.
Notified Forfeits – must be advised 2 working days in advance to the stadium
- Juniors and U23’s – $50.00
- Senior Men and Women – $70.00
Un-notified Forfeits – Any notification less than 2 working days’ notice to the stadium
- Juniors and U23’s – $70.00
- Senior Men and Women – $90.00