BREAKERS TRY OUTS
READ ALL INFO AND REGISTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Breakers Try Outs is for current/existing 2016/2017 registered Breakers players only or for any “new” player who successfully made it through the “New Player Try Outs” and received an invitation to join the Breakers Try Outs. Players are required to attend all Try Out Sessions relevant to their age group.
To be eligible for Mornington Breakers 2018 team selection, you must meet at least one of the criteria below:
- Must be a paid and registered current domestic player in Season 2 of 2017; or
- Must be a paid and registered participant of one of our skills programs since 1st July 2017 be it Elite Hoops, Ground Breakers or Jump Ball; or
- Have a sibling that has played Breakers in the 2016/2017 season; or
- Have moved within the Mornington Peninsula Shire boundaries during 2017 or have moved from at least 30km or more from the Mornington GPO and can provide details of proof of change of address.
Note: exemptions apply for current Breakers players undertaking VCE and in certain age groups. Please do not register if you do not meet the above criteria. Contact our Operations Manager, Sam Browne at email@example.com to discuss your circumstances.
BREAKERS TRY OUT SESSIONS
Tuesday 10th October 2017 – Mornington Basketball Stadium
- 5.00pm – 6.30pm – Under 12 boys
- 6.45pm – 8.15pm – Under 14 boys
Thursday 12th October 2017 – The Peninsula School, Junior Gym
- 5.00pm – 6.30pm – Under 12 girls
- 6.45pm – 8.15pm – Under 14 girls
Friday 13th October 2017 – Mornington Basketball Stadium
- 5.00pm – 6.30pm – Under 16 girls plus
- 6.45pm – 8.15pm – Under 16 boys
- 8.15pm – 9.45pm – Under 18 boys plus
Sunday 15th October 2017 – Mornington Basketball Stadium
- 8.00am – 9.30am – Under 12 girls
- 9.45am – 11.15am – Under 14 girls
- 11.30am – 1.00pm – Under 16 girls plus
- 1.15pm – 2.45pm – Under 12 boys
- 3.00pm – 4.30pm – Under 14 boys
- 4.45pm – 6.15pm – Under 16 boys
- 6.15pm – 7.45pm – Under 18 boys plus
Breakers Try Out player registrations open on 1st September 2017 and close on 27th September 2017.
The following age groups apply.
Under 12 – 2007 top age or 2008 bottom age
Under 14 – 2005 top age or 2006 bottom age
Under 16 – 2003 top age or 2004 bottom age
Under 18 – 2001 top age or 2002 bottom age
Under 20 – 1999 top age or 2000 bottom age
It is your responsibility to ensure that you register your child in the correct age group.
WHAT TO WEAR
Players will need to wear a reversible training singlet or bring a light and dark coloured singlet/t-shirt. Players will also need to bring a water bottle and appropriate sized basketball.
Selections for a Breakers team is made up of two assessment pieces:
- Performance assessments generated by coaching staff from 2017 Season; and/or
- Try out sessions.
Please note that existing and new players that attend Try Outs and not guaranteed a position on a team. Families should be prepared for this prior to attending Try Outs. Teams will be announced on our website at a date and time to be advised following Try Outs.
If your child is offered a position on a 2018 Breakers team you will be required to register and pay your fees online in full or via instalments within 2 weeks of teams being announced. Actual dates and details will be provided following Try Outs. Players will not be confirmed on a team until payment has been made. If payment is not made within the required timeframe the Club reserves the right to offer the position to another player.
**Please note the MDBA only accepts online registrations and payments through SportsTG.**
Under 12, Under 14 and Under 16
$472.50 plus a 3.9% processing fee.
Under 18 and Under 20
$420.00 plus a 3.9% processing fee.
If you choose to pay via instalments an additional $30.00 administration fee is applicable.
Families with three or more children are offered a $100.000 discount.
In addition to the above fees players are required to pay a weekly game fee. Your Team Manager may request this in advance. Spectators and players are also required to pay an entry fee at the venue.
Please ensure that you fully understand our refund policy before accepting a Breakers position. View Policy
All players selected on a Mornington Breakers teams in 2018 will need to purchase the following compulsory items, if they haven’t already:
Compulsory uniform items
- Breakers Playing singlet $60.00
- Breakers Playing shorts $40.00
- Breakers Hoodie $65.00
- Breakers Training singlet $50.00 – $60.00
- Breakers Warm Up Top – $45.00 – $55.00
- Breakers Bag $50.00
- Breakers Socks $10.00
All uniform orders will be via our new Mornington Basketball Uniform Shop. Players are able to try on uniforms for size in the MDBA office prior to ordering online.
All Breakers players are required to attend two compulsory training sessions per week. The days and times of these training sessions are set by the Club. Players are expected to commit to these training times and we do not work around individual’s other commitments including other sports in scheduling training.
PERMISSION TO TRAIN
If for whatever reason you are Trying Out for the Mornington Breakers and are currently registered with another Association you must complete and submit a signed Permission to Train form. You must provide this signed form prior to Try Out’s. No exceptions will be permitted.