3×3 Wheelchair Basketball Competition
Mornington Basketball is excited to announce that our wheelchair clinic will be running as a 3×3 competition as of term 4 2017.
We are seeking interest from prospective players of any age over 10 and any skill level. No experience, training or equipment is required, just a love of the game! We have 12 sports chairs at the stadium so you do not need to bring a chair. We will provide training to anyone wishing to help coach the competition.
Please feel free to come down to one of the sessions for a free trial, no need to book, just turn up.
WHO CAN PLAY?
- People who use wheelchairs all the time e.g. Paraplegia, Spina Bifida, spinal Cord Injury – anyone who uses a chair
- People who use wheelchairs some of the time e.g. Lower limb amputees, Cerebral Palsy, incomplete spinal cord injury, muscle weakness
- People who don’t use chairs at all e.g. Irreparable ligament damage, knee or hip replacement, fractures to the knee or ankle joint, multiple joint fusions, knee or ankle reconstructions, anyone with a disability or injury.
***Participants must be able to throw, catch, pick-up a basketball and self-propel their chair***
- Where we play – Mornington Secondary College
- When we play – Sundays 1-2pm during school terms
- Term 4 Cost – $80
For more information or to register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out these interesting fact sheets: