FEEDBACK & COMPLAINTS
How to Give Feedback or Make a General Complaint
For complaints or feedback of a general nature both junior/senior representative or junior/senior domestic, please follow the below process:
- Feedback or complaints are to be placed in writing and submitted directly to the registered Team Manager or registered Coach in the absence of a Team Manager
- Team Manger or Coach will determine if the matter is to be escalated to the Club (if applicable) or Mornington District Basketball Association
- All complaints from a participant of a “Club” team be it a player, parent, spectator, coach or team staff must be directed through the relevant club President who will liaise directly with MDBA if required
- If the feedback or complaint is not in regards to a matter directly associated with a team or club then the matter should be forwarded directly to email@example.com
- You must provide true, accurate and detailed information
Feedback and complaints are to be addressed to the following Mornington District Basketball Association contacts.
Once the information is received any necessary action will be taken in accordance with the Basketball Victoria + Basketball Australia Child Safeguarding Policy , Basketball Victoria Tribunal By Laws, MDBA By Laws of MDBA Constitution. You can view all policies in their entirety by following this link POLICIES – Mornington District Basketball Association (morningtonbasketball.com.au)
How to Make a Complaint in regards to Suspected Child Abuse
Basketball Victoria and Mornington District Basketball Association (MDBA) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children in basketball by providing a safe and inclusive environment and by ensuring that everyone involved in basketball is educated and informed of their responsibilities to protect and look after Children.
All Children have the right to feel safe and protected from all forms of abuse, harm, and neglect. Children have the right to take part in sport in a safe, positive, and enjoyable environment. Basketball Victoria aims to create and maintain an inclusive, child-safe environment that is understood, endorsed, implemented, and adhered to by everyone involved in basketball.
‘Child Abuse’ means any type of abuse (including physical, emotional, psychological, sexual and inappropriate use of power) that has caused, is causing or is likely to cause harm to a person’s wellbeing, whether in person or as the result of a publication viewable by any other person by any means.
You should refer to the following document for full details prior to making your complaint: Basketball Victoria Child Safeguarding Policy
If you are concerned and wish to make a complaint in regards to suspected child abuse please contact:
MDBA Child Safety Officer (Volunteer)
03 5975 0067
MDBA General Manager (Employee)
0427 305 536
Once the information is received any necessary action will be taken in accordance with the Basketball Victoria, Basketball Australia Safeguarding Policy. You can view this policy by following this link: Basketball Victoria Child Safeguarding Policy