The Mornington Breakers High Performance Program identifies a select number of talented Breakers players that display the greatest potential within the Breakers program or that have been or have the ability to achieve selection into a State level program or State level representation. The program offers professional focussed coaching in a small group environment.
The program will prepare players mentally for elite level basketball, develop goals and basketball IQ, improve advanced fundamentals, increase fitness and overall health.
The High Performance Coach will discuss the selection of players with the Director of Coaching and Head Coach.
How are players notified
Mornington District Basketball Association will provide written (email) invitation to the players invited to the program, with agreed terms and conditions for the player and parent to sign and accept. (attached).
Dates and times
Players receive 6 sessions (fortnightly) with the High Performance Coach either as individual or group sessions or a combination of both.
Round 1 - March - June 2020
Round 2 - July - September 2020
Players accepted into Round 1 are ineligible to attend Round 2.
Players will receive the dates and times of sessions, with their invitation to join the High Performance Program.
The cost of the program is $100.00 which must be paid online prior to the first session.
Who is eligible for selection
Breakers boys and girls aged 10 to 17 years who demonstrate the greatest potential to become elite basketball players are considered for selection.
Terms and Conditions
Players and parents will need to accept the following terms and conditions prior to attending their first session
- I will attend all session times as outlined even if injured although not unwell (contagious);
- I understand that if I miss two or more sessions, I may be removed from the program;
- I will abide the Basketball Victoria Codes of Conduct at all times whilst participating in “any” activates sanctioned by Mornington District Basketball Association or Basketball Victoria;
- I will at all times display behaviour aligned with the MDBA Values of Sportsmanship, Integrity, Respect, Transparency, Accountability and Community;
- I am committed to Mornington District Basketball Association and intend on trying out for the following Breakers season;
- I will give maximum effort through each session and commit to completing tasks set by the High Performance Coach, outside of session times;
- I understand that any behaviour that breaches the above will result in the player being removed from the program immediately;
- I will pay all associated fees prior to my first session.