Mornington District Basketball Association (MDBA) volunteer screening process supports our Statement of Commitment to Child Protection. MDBA is committed to safeguarding children from harm and abuse and to support this we have mandatory screening processes as outlined on this page.
Screening must be re-done at the beginning of every season.
Follow this link to view our Child Protection Policy.
What every Coach and Team Manager must do:
Any person in our Association who works, coaches, supervises or has regular unsupervised contact with people under the age of 18 years is required to:
- Hold a valid Victorian Working With Children Check (WWCC) and MUST have Mornington District Basketball Association listed as an organisation you are associated with;
- Register online with their team in PlayHQ (obtain link from Team Manager or person who registered the team);
- Complete prior to undertaking any role with your team a Member Protection Declaration, have it signed by a Justice of the Peace and submitted to MDBA; and
- Sign in at reception prior to every match.
Who needs to have a volunteer check?
- Every Coach and Team Manager or any person over the age of 18 years of age who is involved with the team;
- Children aged under 18 years are exempt from the volunteer check;
- VIT holders and members of Victoria Police do not require a WWCC.
What is a WWCC
A WWCC is a Working With Children Check is compulsory for every Coach and Team Manager or anyone working with children. Even if you would like to help out at a training session or fill in for a Coach or Team Manager you must hold a valid WWCC.
If you hold a valid WWCC you MUST list Mornington District Basketball Association (MDBA) as an organisation you are associated with. MDBA are advised in writing when you have updated your WWCC to include MDBA has an organisation you are associated with. Failing to update your WWCC will negate your Team Staff Accreditation Pass.
To apply for a WWCC or to update your details please visit https://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/
What if I am away or miss a match?
If the regular Coach or Team Manager is away then a fill in Coach or Team Manager will need to sign the scoresheet and present their WWCC to staff prior to the match commencing.
If a team does not have an approved Coach or Team Manager then Mornington District Basketball Association reserves the right to forfeit the match or not fixture the team.
Step 1: Apply for a WWCC and/or update your WWCC to include Mornington District Basketball Association as an organisation you are associated with
Step 2: Register as a Coach or Team Manager online in PlayHQ. Obtain the link to register via the person that registered your team.
Step 3: Complete prior to undertaking any role with your team a Member protection form, have it signed by a Justice of the Peace and submitted using this form.
Step 4: Sign in at reception prior to every match.
Enquiries to email@example.com